How do we keep shining and living love when the world is upside down?
This is a question I keep asking myself every day. On the news, in the world, on facebook, at work, in schools we can all witness the misery, the wars, the bullying, the negative energies. They spread like the plague. Or perhaps we are just plain bored or feel we're in the wrong place.
I turned on the TV tonight and was presented with in-your-face-TV-shows enforcing negative energy, chefs shouting at people wanting to learn how to cook, Dr Phil (yes he is helping people, but the focus is oh so negative), shows about people competing and turning each other down – voting each other out, housewives with lots of money fighting with their friends. Poverty, misery, murder, trafficking and girls getting raped. Killings in Paris and other places.
And I look at the people around me (myself included), many are depressed, worn-out, have problems with their weight, work too hard, don’t work enough, are miserable because they are single, are miserable because they are married, don’t have time to work out. They spend time with people all day long that they really don’t want to be with and miss their friends and family. They don’t spend enough time with their kids, when they do – guilt. Oh this wonderful emotion that attacks us the minute we fall pregnant.
So how do we shine our light when the world is upside down?
Well I’m going to stop right here because up until now (in this blog post) I’ve been doing exactly what I believe we should NOT do: focus on the negative.
Instead, to truly shine, to truly evolve, to love and to expand our soul we need to focus on the positive.
If we focus on the negative, we are simply enforcing it, even when we do so with good intentions (like Dr Phil).
Yes of course we should help each other, and listen to a friend in need. Sometimes we also need to get into arguments, make tough decisions and get our hands dirty. But the focus should always be love, light and support, rather than enforcing the negative or getting stuck in our ego and negative spheres.
To truly shine your light - focus on the light – in all that you do
Or in more practical hands-on-terms:
- Turn off that darn TV if you can’t find I show that inspires you.
- When a friend calls and seeks your advice and wishes to dwell on his or her problems for a long time, turn the conversation into laughter and brightness. The positive energy itself provides healing energy and solutions to your friend’s problems. Words, actions and listening are not the only tools we have. If you fail – hang up. You can’t save everyone.
- Laugh every day.Send out positive energy.
- Use gratitude as a tool, take a moment each day and focus on what you are grateful for.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up (and get rid of the ones who don’t, they’ll bounce back eventually when they get it).
- Make a plan to change whatever you are unhappy about, but don’t rush it, take your time.
- Say loving, uplifting, supportive and kind words to everyone you meet.
- Make love.
- Smile (ok a bit cheezy but it works).
- Stop watching the news (you will hear the most important news anyway because people around you love telling you).
- Embrace what you love to do and do it, at least more often.
- Find ways to recharge your batteries on a regular basis – even if you have small children or a stressful job (healing, walks, coffee with friends, going for a run, yoga, meditation, sex, playing an instrument, solitude, whatever you need – you are allowed).
Do whatever it takes, but always focus on the positive, always choose love.
And you will SHINE YOUR LIGHT.
If you are ready to receive the loving support and clarity you need to Shine Your Light in 2015 intuitive reader and channel Karina Ladet is offering you 4 intuitive readings and 4 guided meditations to help you tap into the energy of each season throughout the year. Readings are offered in English, French or Swedish.
The journey starts in January and you will receive all the one one one guidance you need to make 2015 your best year yet. This offer is limited and is open until January 31 so if it resonates, join in now.