I would think so. Does it seem meaningless? Hard to know how cope with the negativity? Were you depressed even before Paris and now it is all falling apart?
So how do we cope with it?
I really think it is possible to live in the midst of life’s crisis and be happy at the same time.
Is my life perfect?
Do I have all the things I need?
Is everything in order?
Of course not.
Yes, I do have a loving family and friends, a job, a house, food to eat and all the basics. And sure it helps a long way.
But I am also going through a lot of personal issues. My dad passed a few weeks ago, one of the hardest things I’ve experienced in life. People at work are extremely stressed out and even burnt out. Some of my relationships certainly could be upgraded. I am dealing with some truly draining issues that sometimes keep me awake at night. My work situation truly could improve as well. And yes, Paris did affect me too.
And yet – I’m quite happy.
So what’s the secret?
Well there is no magic formula. I guess this attitude of mine is a life craft. It has taken decades to build up. But in case your’re interested – this has helped a long way:
- Supportive environments. Find people, groups, environments that lift you up.
- Do fun stuff every day – give yourself the gift of laughter.
- Meditate – clear your mind every day and build your space.
- Eat, exercise and sleep well.
- Spend time alone. Learn to like you.
- Get energy from Mother Nature.
- Ask for help when you need it – alone is not strong.
- Focus on your blessings – not your misfortunes and think of how grateful you are every day.
- Affirmations – Are o-so-powerful
I read this one every morning:
“Today will be a day filled with laughter and fun stuff. I am healthy, positive and I am surrounded by positive, inspiring people. I receive exactly what I need at the exact right time. I focus on meaningful and uplifting things. I am full of energy and I am connected to my source. I can create whatever I want and need. I am love.”